Have a hungry little hippo at your hands? This recipe can be made within minutes to feed a rumbly tummy. Virtually mess free too! Think breakfast, midday snack or even dessert! Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or Greek yogurt and you will be winnin’ some major brownie points! Since mine are little chocolate monsters, I added a few baby chips:) Be adventurous! Oh! And if you do not have a waffle maker, a frying pan will work just as well. You will just be missing out on those cute little golden squares seared on by the waffle machine.
- Peel apple (each apple yields 4 slices)
- Slice 1/4″ thick pieces
- Sprinkle with sugar (optional) you can also add a dash of cinnamon or brown sugar
- Place two slices on a hot waffle maker and seal closed
- Cook them for a few minutes, until nice and golden
- Serve with your choice of toppings (fresh fruit, ice cream, yogurt, chocolate chips, sprinkles)