As I tried to wrap my head around what I would make for Ruby’s classmates to celebrate her 5th birthday at school I was starting to feel a bit stressed out. Then I finally had an idea! Marshmallow pops! Easy peasy, bite sized & oh so pretty!
These were an absolute cinch to make and I love the way they turned out. I had a bunch of paper straws left over from various parties and thought “why not put them to use”.
I dipped half of the marshmallows in pink chocolate and the remaining in white (girls + boys). Once freshly dipped, I quickly dusted them with sprinkles.
I waited roughly 30 minutes and placed little clear bags on top of each marshmallow and secured them with ribbon. I also made little tags out of old scrapbook paper and attached them to the pops. I found cute bows in my craft drawer with gems and adorned them on the marshmallows for the girls.
Last but not least, I had one of those cardboard cupcake stands which I had saved from Nate’s 1st birthday (no I am not a hoarder!). I took a hole punch and with a bit of force made the correct number of holes on the top layer of the stand and slid each marshmallow pop through. I was worried about transport on route to her school and didn’t want them to get knocked around. The stand kept them looking gorgeous.
What You Need:
- Paper Straws
- Jumbo Marshmallows
- Baking chocolate (or Wilton buttons)
- Cake pop covers (or cellophane paper)
- Craft paper
- Cardboard cupcake stand
- Hole punch
- Pierce marshmallows with paper straws and set on large plate
- Prepare sprinkles for quick application
- Have a few glasses on hand to set the marshmallow pops inside while drying. If you have a cake pop stand it would be even better!
- Put a small pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil
- Put a glass bowl on top of the boiling water and add chocolate pieces to melt
- As soon as the chocolate is at a nice runny consistency quickly begin dipping your marshmallow pops inside and dusting with sprinkles
- Allow pops to dry
- Once dry cover the marshmallows with individual wrappers & decorate as desired
- Using a hole punch create holes inside your cardboard cupcake stand
- Slide sticks inside the holes and voila!