Beans, beans good for your heart! The more you eat em’ the more you…
Yes they just may get you gassy, but they are also GREAT for your health!
This brownie recipe is hands down my FAV to make the kids. Plus SUPER easy! When I find a way to squeeze in some legumes I am a happy chappy! Plus beans pack on the fiber which is fantastic for everyone in the household!
My Instagram feedback seemed keen to get their hands on my recipe so here ya go!
“Among all groups of food commonly eaten worldwide, no group has a more health-supportive mix of protein-plus-fiber than legumes. Included here, of course, is the amazing protein-plus-fiber content of black beans. From a single, one-cup serving of black beans you get nearly 15 grams of fiber (well over half of the Daily Value and the same amount consumed by the average U.S. adult in one entire day of eating) and 15 grams of protein (nearly one third of the Daily Value and equivalent to the amount in 2 ounces of a meat like chicken or a fish like salmon). You won’t find this outstanding protein-fiber combination in fruit, vegetables, grains, meats, dairy products, nuts and seeds, or seafood. The almost magical protein-fiber combination in legumes—including black beans—explains important aspects of their health benefits for the digestive tract, the blood sugar regulatory system, and the cardiovascular system. Each area of systems benefit has a strong research basis.”
- 1 can of black beans (15 ounces) or you can cook beans yourself in which case you need 2 cups
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 Cups of sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of veg oil (I am curios to try coconut as a replacement)
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
- Blend beans in blender
- Add eggs one by one in blender
- Add cocoa, sugar, oil, baking powder and salt
- Transfer to a bowl
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts
- Lightly butter a square baking pan (8×8) with butter
- Pour batter into baking pan
- Place in oven at 180C for 25 minutes, switch off oven and let sit inside for 10 minutes and remove