After making my last “Good Eats” recipe I saved the eggshells and used them for this fun craft/gardening experiment to do with the kids!
Of course this was Ruby’s with the bow and feather/flower 🙂 I think it’s adorable and it will be even cuter once it’s “hair” grows in!
What You Need:
- Fresh eggs
- Cotton balls (2 for each egg) or potting soil if you prefer
- Grass seeds
- Googly eyes
- Paint or crayons
- Any additional craft items to decorate eggs with
- Egg carton or egg cups
- Carefully crack the top of your egg open with a sharp knife and slowly peel away at the shell to leave a clean opening
- Glue two googly eyes to your egg
- Decorate face/shell as desired
- Dip a cotton ball in water and place inside shell
- Saturate a second cotton ball in water and cover in grass seeds, place in shell
- Prop eggshell in an egg carton or egg cup and wait for hair (grass) to grow!
- Once the hair starts growing in, the kids can have fun giving their egghead a haircut!