Pompoms are one of this years hottest trends!
You can find them on everything from tops, sandals, handbags and more!
I especially love them in HAIR (pigtails) So cute!
Here is an easy and inexpensive tutorial to make your very own!
What you Need:
- Thin but sturdy cardboard
- Pen or marker
- Small cup
- A medium sized coin
- Trace and cut out two circles using a glass as a template
- Place a medium sized coin in the center of your circle template. Trace and cut out
- Trace this template onto the other circle template to create an exact replica
- Start wrapping yarn around the two templates which are sandwiched together
- If you want a fluffy pompom then go over the template a minimum of three (I recommend more) times
- Once you are finished, cut off the yarn leaving a small tail
- Cut a new piece of yarn roughly 5 inches long
- Place your scissors in between the two templates and start cutting through the center of your yarn
- Take the 5 inch piece of yarn and place it in between the cardboard and tie off tightly. Wrap the yarn a second time around and make another double knot
- Remove pompom from the cardboard template
- Trim off any excess yarn
- Cut a 3 inch piece of elastic (or the length of your choice)
- Feed the elastic through the center of your pompom and tie it off tightly